Matt’s Top 10 Tips For Thanksgiving
With Thanksgiving less then two weeks away, I am sure many of your are bustling and trying to make the holiday less stressful. Here are a few easy tips to help keep you sane through and after the big festivities.
- Don’t forget to defrost the turkey well in advance. This may sound silly, but even the best of us have forgotten to do this until the night before!
- Don’t forget to remove the insides of the turkey. I would share the full story, but my sister would kill me!
- Buy extra to-go containers for sending leftovers home with your guests.
- Create some extra countertop workspace in the kitchen. You will need plenty of surface area for large platters and prepping.
- Buy plenty of wine! for treating yourself to a glass while cooking and doing last-minute household tasks and decorating.
- Take lots of photos! Sometimes we get so caught up we forget these little but important things.
- Have everyone write on a card one thing they are thankful for and read it before or after dinner.
- Make a small party favor to send home with your guest. This will allow your guest to remember what a fabulous time they had. You can place favors on a tray or in a basket by the door.
- Light the path or porch with luminaries leading up to the door.
- Buy plenty of wine! for relaxing after in the quiet after your guests have gone home. Recall with gratitude all the good moments from the day’s celebration.